Monday, October 17, 2011

great Fashion Reads

i love a good magazine but i'm starting to buy more and more fashion related books.
I was visiting The Strand in NYC on 12th and Bway and who shall I run into but
Mick Jagger...Yes...I almost peed my pants.
trust me if you want to see celebrities just hang out in that bookstore...everytime I go I see a celebrity.
they like to read too you know!

 So I picked up June Ambroses book Effortless Style and an unofficial tale of Anna Wintours Rise to Editor and Chief at Vogue by Jerry Oppenheimer.
I even noticed that June Ambrose signed this copy I bought! SCORE!

I must say that Front Row Anna Wintour is JUICY JUICY JUICY!
I cannot put this book down!
I don't personally know Anna Wintour but I've always wanted to know more about her and how she got to be the Queen B of Fashion and reign over New York City.
Effortless Style is a great go to book about the basics in fashion and was a quick read too.

what are you reading?
check out some of my other favorite reads here.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a Mango Necklace HERE.
xo
Monroe


13 comments:

  1. amazing!! jajaja aggh everytime i've been i havent seen anyone!

    great reads,
    Annina
    www.cinchedatthewaist.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a good book lately but I did buy jay z's book when Borders was closing in my area. I need to just find time to sit down and read it...

    jen
    http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, these seem like great reads. I think I need to start a Fashion Library. I want to get Nina Garcia's book. It looks so interesting.

    7eventh Letter
    http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know I still get all the Fashion Mags...Just recv my VOGUE and was way to eXcited.
    I have the June A book as well. Solange & June are Mother & Daughter or Sista Friends in the Fashion world!
    Have you read Nina Garcia books? >>>
    The Little Black Book of Style
    was the latest that I finished. I have three others as well.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any fashion reads as of lately but I do have June Ambrose's Effortless Style. I got it some time ago and it is definitely a great fashion go to.

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool, I have to check those out. Mick FREAKIN Jagger? Did you follow him around and wink at him like I would have? I am such a celeb stalker, they might have had to call security! HEHE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all im reading is books about kafka and french classicism for my course... urgh. wish i had time to read that anna wintour one! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeek, the books Im reading are comparatively a bit less interesting? lol. Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe whcih is a GREAT book btw ;) No way did you bump into Mick! Thats just crazy! You're a very lucky girl =)

    Eeli

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing blog!!i'm following you!!if you like mine,do the same!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang girl! You are so lucky! I love the fashion section in Strands...I'm going to head over there and see what new stuff they have in!

    Candy
    www.tayloranddemolish.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. did u tell mick that uve got moves like jagger. he would have been well impressed

    ReplyDelete
  12. good find. My fave style book is my Details Guide that was signed by Dan Peres

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh that seems like a fun read...might have to get my hands on one of those...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin