Sunday, June 10, 2012

Style Bloggers of Color Conference

Right now I'm sitting in bed at Hotel Indigo in Atlanta. It feels amazing to be here. The last time I was here I was researching graduate schools and had visited Emory. Atlanta has a certain southern charm that I love being a southern girl at heart. I'm here for the Style Bloggers of Color Conference. I was invited by Mattie who was the brains behind this fabulous new conference. I felt honored to be chosen to moderate the first panel. It's been a whirlwind of bonding with other bloggers, and delicious southern food and luxury at the Indigo Hotel.

I really loved the cool design at Indigo Hotel. The food was on point too. Once breakfast was had me and a few of the other panelists shared a cab over to the event space.

001.jpg



Top: Trouve Digital Print Tee | Skirt: Necesssary Obects | Shoes: L.A.M.B. Morisa
Necklace and Purse: Light Years

This is what I wore to the conference. I decided to keep it fun, flirty and colorful.
I picked up this Trouve blouse at Nordstroms while in North Carolina visiting family last week. My necklace and purse both came from Light Years an awesome accessories store in North Carolina at South Point Mall. I've gotten so many compliments on my $30 purse..fashion STEELE!
Marie Denee (The Curvy Fashionista), Kimberly Walker (EBONY.com), Miss Merli,






Myself and Mattie
I had such a great time at the conference and learned a lot especially about working with brands and monetizing my blog. Here are a few great tidbits of information via twitter.














I'm sure the Style Bloggers of Color Conference will be one that continues to grow and grow every year and I look forward to attending many more!

xx
Monroe

Follow me on INSTAGRAM @monroesteele

6 comments:

  1. They came out in to kill this weekend! Everyone brought their A-game with the fashion. I wish I was a style blogger...and P.S- Aren't you from the Carolinas? You're not a southern girl at heart, you're a southern girl Monroe! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! these shoes are amazing *.* and love your outfit :P

    http://makeupclothesandme.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was loads of fun with beautiful (and stylish) women! Who knows, I may be there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoo hoo pics! I love your top and that little flirty skirt!

    Congrats again!

    Jen
    www.commecoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great meeting you this weekend Monroe, you looked amazing and has such a great personality! New follower here and hope to see you around sometime.
    xoxo,
    Naja
    www.NajaDiamond.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin